Imagine displaying rain gear to your customers when it’s actually raining. Well, now you can!
The Weather rule type offers you the ability to select the conditions of your customer’s local weather that will trigger your recipe. This will allow you to display targeted products and messaging when your visitor’s current or forecasted weather is the selected weather condition.
Great ways to use the weather rule:
- Display curated waterproof gear to visitors that have a rainy forecast in the next 7 days
- Promote sun destinations to users that are experiencing snowy days this week
- Advertise your favourite books to curl up with, to visitors that are currently experiencing rainy conditions
Applying the Weather rule
If this is your first rule in the recipe, select “Create your first rule”. When adding additional rules, select “Add another rule”.
From the rule type menu select “Weather”
Setting your weather rule
Select the timeframe and the weather condition to apply this rule.
Current Weather: The recipe will be triggered based on the weather that is currently recorded in the visitor’s local region (at the city level).
Forecasted Weather: Recipes are triggered based on the weather that is forecasted in the visitor’s location using three possible criteria:
- Tomorrow: includes tomorrow’s date, 12:00am-11:59 pm local time
- This week: Includes current local time until Sunday at 11:59pm
- Next 7 days: includes current local time + 7 days until 11:59pm
Keeping things simple, recipes can be triggered based on your customer’s local weather conditions.
Creating sophisticated recipes
Learn more about combining rules for more targeted marketing